The destination business concepts will be presented in recorded videos by small business mentor and professional speaker Jon Schallert. NEOEDD Executive Director Lisa Dawson, a certified facilitator of the program, will bring decades of experience working with businesses to the online discussions about the concepts.
The program comprises eight chapters and a bonus session:
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Becoming a Destination Business
- Chapter 2: Foundation of a Destination Business & COVID-19 Bonus Workshop
- Chapter 3: Leadership Responsibility
- Chapter 4: Targeting Your Most Profitable Customers
- Chapter 5: Capturing Consumer Media Attention
- Chapter 6: Creating Ultra-Services & Customer Focus
- Chapter 7: Marketing the Destination Business
- Chapter 8: Collective Marketing
The course will take place as follows:
March 29, April 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19 and 22 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
The course will repeat April 26, 30, May 3, 6, 10, 13, 17 and 20 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
The regular fee for the course is $399. However, NEOEDD is offering a special option for businesses in Baker, Union and Wallowa Counties. Sign up and pay $199 now and receive $199 back after attending the entire series (with no more than one excused absence) and submitting a plan for implementing new actions to improve your business. If coming up with the registration fee is out of reach, scholarships are available for business owners in Baker, Union, and Wallowa counties who have a low-to-moderate income. Please contact Lisa Dawson via email or 541-426-3598 for scholarship information.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE For First Series: March 28. There is a two-part registration process – Register Here. Pay fee Here.
Cancellation Policy: Registrations are non-refundable but may be transferred to another individual and/or redeemed for another scheduled course. If the course is canceled, full refunds will be made.
Here’s a preview of Jon Schallert describing a destination business.
This workshop series is subsidized by a grant from Business Oregon.